Above is a video tutorial demonstrating how Nana learned "In the Corner". Whether pretending to count for a game of hide-and-go-seek, or acting like she thinks she's been a bad dog, this trick is sure to bring laughs and is always a great addition to any dog's repertoire.
Behaviour: The dog finds a corner between two walls and stands with his nose placed in it until released.
Step 1: Place a treat on a sticky note and click as your dog eats the treat.
Step 2: Hover your hand over the sticky note without actually placing the treat on it. Click and reward when your dog sniffs the sticky note.
Step 3: Continue to click whenever your dog sniffs or touches the sticky note with his nose. Do not click for anything other than nose touches.
Step 6: Begin holding the sticky note closer to the wall, then eventually stick it on.
Step 10: Remove the sticky note and continue practicing.
Step 11: When your dog is performing the trick consistantly, add a verbal cue.
- If your dog ever gets confused, go back a step to help refresh his memory.
- Jackpot your dog when he performs a behaviour exceptionally well.
- Always work at your dog's pace. Never rush through the steps, as this can confuse your dog and be stressful for him.
- Always end sessions before your dog gets bored.
- Keep sessions short and as fun and exciting as possible.
Keep Training Paw-sitive!